Need to pay the sales tax for a vehicle in order to obtain insurance? Do you need the sales tax receipt to be able to apply for a salvaged vehicle inspection or title? This is the service you need. Please review Service Details & Requirements before choosing this option. Service fee quoted above includes all service fees and FedEx standard 2-day tracked mail. DMV Sales Tax fees are additional.
NYS DMV Offices walk in service remains suspended. This will add to processing times. Thank you for your patience!*
Sales Tax Only
New York State Sales Tax Only transactions are based on the value of the vehicle stipulated through either your statement of transaction or a bill of sale. Sales tax rates are based on your residency address in the state of New York as stipulated on your NYS license or Identification. This transaction is to obtain a FS6-T receipt from the NYS DMV only. The original receipt along with your title will be shipped back to you once completed. In order to process your transaction you must send in your documents via FedEx using the label provided. Once we are in receipt of your documents they will be reviewed for completeness. If all documents required are received, you will receive an email with an invoice for the DMV fees. If there is anything missing or needs correcting, a DMVSTOP agent will reach out to you via email. If documents or payment are not received, they will not be processed.
Required documents include:
- NYS Drivers license or 6 points of ID (See ID82 form on DMV Forms Page by clicking here)
- Original title or proof of ownership (Transferable registration, marshall auction or salvage vehicle certificate, etc.)
- Amount paid for vehicle
- Reassignment documents and\or bill of sale if purchased from a dealership
- Lien release letter if a lien is notated
- Signed Department of Taxation Form
- Vehicle Identification Number